Once you have integrated MYOB Account Right with vWork you can bring your MYOB customer information across into vWork. This ensures that jobs with line items in vWork are automatically created as an MYOB AccountRight invoice associated with the same customer in MYOB AccountRight.
Before you can import customer information from MYOB into vWork you must have authorized vWork to share information with MYOB. This process is explained in the article, Connect vWork to MYOB AccountRight.
The MYOB AccountRight integration is an optional feature in vWork. To add this to your account please email email@example.com. Our support team will contact you to discuss your requirements and add the MYOB AccountRight integration.
In this article
This article explains how to bring MYOB Account Right customer information into vWork and maintain customer information as new customers are added to vWork and MYOB Account Right.
The topics covered include:
- Import MYOB Accountright customers using the Import from MYOB Online button
- Tips for setting up customer data in MYOB AccountRight and vWork
Click the topic link above to go directly to that topic. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon.
Import MYOB AccountRight customers using the Import from MYOB Online button
To import customers using the dedicated button:
- Click the Customers tab to open the list of vWork customers.
- Click to open the options for importing customer information.
- Scroll to the 'Import from MYOB' section and click .
- The customer import begins. The button changes to show the data is synchronizing.
- When the customer information is imported a message displays at the bottom of the MYOB section telling you how many customers were imported. The new customers will have a vWork ID and are saved into the Customer list.
Tips for setting up customer data in MYOB AccountRight and vWork
You can get the most out of the customer data shared from MYOB by understanding how fields in the MYOB Contact information map to the Customer fields in vWork.
vWork ID and the MYOB Company Name field
- MYOB doesn’t use a unique ID for Contacts. The Company Name field is the primary information that MYOB uses to match MYOB Contact records to Customer information in vWork.
Customer designation and customer name
- MYOB uses a customer designation in the customer Contact Record. It makes a distinction between Company and individual.
- vWork doesn’t distinguish between Company and Individual in the vWork Customer information. All customers, both Individuals and Companies, have their names saved in the Name field in the vWork customer record.
- vWork won’t import customer records using the button if any customers have their Customer Designation saved as Individual in MYOB. Make sure your MYOB customers are saved with a Company Customer designation if you want to import MYOB customers into vWork using this method.
- When new customers are created in MYOB from a vWork job the new customer Contact Record is always created with the designation of Company in MYOB.
- If you want detailed Site Address and Billing Address information to show in a vWork Customer record you must include the full address in both the Shipping address Address field and the Billing address Address field in MYOB.
- For example, to get this in the vWork customer record for the Site Address:
You need to save the full address information in the Address field in MYOB.
Eg., 10 Albert Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland, New Zealand.
- A Site Address or Billing Address pushed into MYOB from vWork will put all the address information into the single Address field for the Billing or Shipping address in MYOB. The other address fields are also completed with the correct Country, Suburb/Town/Locality, and Postcode information.
- ❗ Caution: When you import customer information into vWork from MYOB, the existing Site address and Billing address fields in vWork are overwritten with the data from the corresponding Address field in MYOB. You will lose geolocation data for existing customers, even when the full address is saved in the MYOB Address field. MYOB doesn't store latitude and longitude information for addresses and so can't push this through to vWork.
- Customer notes added to either the vWork Customer record or the MYOB Customer Contact Record show in both locations.
- MYOB adds a note to customers that are automatically created from a vWork job to show the customer came from vWork. This is added to existing notes in the field and doesn’t override the Notes that originated from vWork.
- A note added to a customer Contact Record in MYOB doesn’t override existing Customer notes in vWork. The note is added to any pre-existing customer note in vWork.
- The Shipping address Contact field from MYOB populates the Site Contact First Name field in the customer record in vWork.
- The Billing address Contact field from MYOB populates the Billing Contact First Name field in the customer record in vWork.