What are customized worker shifts ?
You can choose to override your company working hours for one or many workers. These hours will be specific to that worker.
Why should you customize worker shifts?
When you set a worker's shift, this transfers to the vWork schedule so Dispatchers can see when a worker is available for jobs. This also transfers to the worker's availability in vWork's Optimization feature.
You can also use this to block out holidays or sick leave for a worker.
To customize worker hours you must first set the working hours for your organization and then customize settings for each worker.
Set working hours for your organization
To set the working hours for your organization:
- Select Settings>Users>Shifts
- Under the Account Working Hours heading, Check the Enable Working Hours check box to show the working hours of your organization.
- Modify the hours to match the standard working hours for your organization. These will be applied as the standard shift hours for all workers.
- Click Save to save the hours.
Set customized worker shifts
Note 1: You must be an Administrator or have Shift permissions enabled under your User Permissions to change shift settings.
Note 2: Changes are automatically saved as you make them.
To customize the shift hours for a specific worker.
- Under the heading User Working Hours choose the worker you want to change the shift for.
You can select them from the list or search for them in the Search Workers search box.
- Check the box Enable override of standard company hours for this worker to display the Calendar View for the worker.
In the Calendar View of the worker you can:
- copy hours from another worker or directly from the company working hours, or
- set shift hours to make the worker available 24/7, or
- change hours directly in the Calendar view.
Change or add a shift directly in the Calendar View
In the Calendar view, you can change a shift or add a new shift.
- Double right-click on a shift (shaded blue) or in the white space (where there is no shift) on the day you want to change. This will open the New Working Hours box.
- Create or make changes to a shift by changing the Start and End times.
- Use the Repeat drop-down list to make the change for a single day (select Never from the list) or repeat the change for future shifts on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis.
- Select the green check mark when you have made the changes you want.
Next, you will see a pop-up window advising that you are changing a weekly repeating shift.
- Select Only this shift if you only want to make the change for the specific day you have selected.
- Select All future shifts if you want this change to apply to this shift and all future shifts on this day.
You can also drag the blue box up or down to keep the shift duration the same but change when it starts or finishes. Alternatively, you can drag the edge of the box to extend or shorten the shift.