Assets is an optional feature in vWork. Before you can begin adding assets to your account you must first make sure you have had the Assets feature turned on for your account. You will know if Assets are enabled as you will see an Assets tab in the menu banner of the vWork web app.
If you would like to find out more about Assets please email email@example.com. One of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, you can read more about Assets in the article, vWork Assets.
In this article
This article explains how to manually add assets to your account.
The topics in this article include:
- Set up users with the Assets user permission
- Create Assets in vWork
- Add custom fields to your Asset
- Add Assets to your jobs
- Add Assets to Repeating Jobs
You can go directly to the topic you are interested in by clicking one of the links above. Return to this topic list at any time by clicking this icon.
Set up users with the Assets user permission
Make sure the person who will set up Assets has the Assets user permission enabled. The administrator for your account should ensure this web app permission is turned on to Full in the user's profile.
To do this:
- Go to Settings>Users >User Management and select the user who you want to enable the Assets user permission for.
- Scroll to the Webapp Permissions under the User Permissions area.
- Select Full for the Assets permission.
Create Assets in vWork
Assets can be manually created in vWork in or imported in bulk using a CSV file.
Manually add an asset
You can add individual assets to vWork in the Assets tab.
To manually add an asset:
- Go to Assets>Assets List.
- Click Add Asset and fill in the Asset's details.
- Click Create Asset.
Bulk Import Assets
You can bulk import up to 2000 assets into vWork at once from a CSV file. The article Prepare a CSV file to import data into vWork explains how to set up a CSV file for bulk importing your assets.
To find out more about how to bulk import assets, take a look at the article: Bulk Importing Assets.
Add custom fields to your Asset
You can also add custom fields that become common to all your assets if you need these. These fields are read-only or hidden. They provide additional information about an Asset.
To add more custom fields to your assets:
- Go to Settings > Assets.
- Add extra fields as required.
To find out more about this, please read the article, Add common custom fields to your Assets.
Note: If you delete an Asset custom field it is removed from all Assets.
Add Assets to your jobs
Once you have saved your Assets into vWork you can add them to jobs. You can either add them at the template level or add them to an individual job.
To add an Asset to a job or template:
- Go to the job or the job template.
- In the Job Information tab scroll down to Assets.
- In the Select an Asset field start entering the Asset name. A list of assets will display. Select the Asset you want.
- Save your changes.
Note: You can add more than one asset to a job or job template.
Add Assets to Repeating Jobs v2
You can create jobs for assets that repeat on a regular schedule using the optional Repeating Jobs v2 feature. To find out how to add assets to your repeating jobs, please take a look at the article: How do I set up Repeating Jobs v2 - with Assets.
Good to know
- If you link an Asset to a customer or a Group they only show in jobs for that customer or that group.