The Jobs List in the Jobs tab provides an overview of all Jobs in vWork. You can customize your view of the Jobs List to show when an invoice has been approved by adding the Invoice approved at column. You can also use this column to sort jobs to show jobs with approved invoices grouped together.
In this article
This article explains how to display the Invoice approved at status in the Jobs List and sort jobs by their invoice approval status.
Topics in this article include:
- Customize columns to show the Invoice approved at date
- Sort jobs by the Invoice approved at status
- Related topics
Click a topic from the topic list above to go directly to it. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Customize columns to show the Invoice approved at date
There are 7 default columns that display in the Jobs List. This is the maximum number of columns that can be displayed. The Invoice Approved at column is not a default column. To add this as a column heading you must customize your view of the Jobs List.
You can learn how to customize columns in the Jobs List in the article, Customize columns in the Jobs List.
In this example, we customized the Jobs List and replaced the Template information, shown in Column 6, with the Invoice Approved at information. This displays the Invoice approved at status for each job in the customized column.
Sort jobs by the Invoice approved at status
You can sort the Jobs List to group jobs by their Invoice approved at status. Jobs are grouped by the date they were approved.
- It can be helpful to use other search filters to view fewer jobs in the Jobs List before you sort the jobs by the Invoice Approved at column; e.g., you could filter by the Completed status, job template, customer, group, and date. Using filters in the Jobs List can make it easier to find the invoice status for specific jobs.
Note: Jobs must be completed before they can have the Approve Invoice checkmark added to their invoice in the Job Editor. This makes the Completed status filter particularly useful for filtering jobs that haven't had their invoice approved as it hides jobs without a status that allows the Approve Invoice checkmark to be added.
- If you also have invoices with a zero balance, e.g., when you use invoices for tracking materials, you can approve these to prevent them from showing in the list of jobs that don't have an Approve Invoice checkmark.
- If you plan to use the same filter options often, then save your selection as a Favorite Job Search. You can learn how to create a Favorite Job Search in the article, Create and use a Favorite job search.
To sort Jobs by their Invoice Approved at status:
- Click to select the time period for the jobs that you want to show and use the search to filter jobs as needed; for example, here we have filtered by Today and the Freight template.
- To show the jobs with the most recently approved invoices at the top of the Jobs List, click next to the Invoice approved at heading.
- To show the jobs that have not had the Approve Invoice checkbox checked in the job at the top of the Jobs List, click next to the Invoice approved at column heading.
- To clear the sort selection and revert the listed jobs to their original sort order click .
- Learn how to approve an invoice in the article, Approve an invoice in vWork.
- You can generate reports to show jobs that have and haven't had their invoices approved. The article, Run reports to show the invoice approval status for jobs, explains how to do this.
- You can also notify stakeholders when an invoice is approved by sending them an alert or in-app notification. You can read more about this in these articles, What can trigger an Alert? (see the topic about Job Progress alert triggers), and How to set up an Alert.