Authorize vWork to access Salesforce
First, authorize vWork so that we can access your Salesforce account. This is very easy to do and full instructions can be found here.
Import Salesforce Customers into vWork
Once you have authorized vWork:
- Go to the Customer tab and select Import from Salesforce at the bottom of the page.
- We import your customer records.
What happens when I create a job for a customer whose details came from Salesforce?
Once your customers are imported, whenever you create a job in vWork for an imported customer we:
- create a task in Salesforce for that customer.
- write the vWork Job number into the notes field of the Salesforce task.
- mark the Salesforce task as completed when the job is completed in vWork.
- upload a PDF of the vWork Job Status Report to the task when the job is completed in vWork so your Salesforce users have a record of the job that was done.
How is the Salesforce customer's name saved in vWork?
The customer name information in Salesforce can be saved in 3 fields:
The entry saved in the Salesforce name field is transferred to the equivalent Name field in the vWork customer record.
If there is no data saved in the Salesforce customer record for the firstname and lastname fields in Salesforce, vWork uses the entry from the Salesforce name field in the First name field for the Site Contact in vWork. See the example below.
When the Salesforce firstname and lastname fields have details saved in them the data from these fields is transferred to the Site Contact First name and Last name field in vWork.