It is easy to create one or more duplicate copies of a job that will include all the same job information- same customer, steps, step addresses, custom field information, and invoice information. This is really helpful if you have many jobs that are exactly the same but maybe have a different start time and/or assigned worker; eg., when you want to do a bulk delivery of ten loads of gravel to the same site or pick up eight tanks of grape juice from the same supplier. You can easily create a copy of the job at the time that you create it, and you can also duplicate existing unassigned jobs from the Jobs list.
- When creating multiple jobs the job must not have an assigned worker.
- If you add a scheduled start time all jobs are created with the same start time.
In this article
This article explains how to create duplicate jobs.
Click a link from the topic list above to go to that topic. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Create multiple jobs at the time you create a new job
To create multiple identical jobs when you create a new job:
- Create a new job.
- In the Job Information tab go to Jobs.
- Enter the number of jobs you want to create.
- Complete all other details for the job.
Ensure the worker field is Unassigned.
- Click to save the duplicated jobs.
Create duplicate jobs from an existing job
To create duplicate jobs from an existing job:
- Go to the Jobs tab.
- Find the job you want to duplicate from the Jobs list and click next to the job ID to duplicate the job. This opens a new identical job in the job editor.
- At this point you can choose to make a single copy or several identical duplicates. To make more than one copy, click Jobs and enter the number of jobs you require.
- Click to save the newly duplicated job(s).
This is an example of the Jobs list after you have created duplicate jobs. It may take a few minutes to generate the jobs if you have duplicated a large number.