Multi-Assign (broadcast dispatch) enables a job to be published to multiple workers' vWork mobile apps at the same time. When the first worker accepts the job it is removed from the other workers' mobile apps and the job is scheduled to that worker. This can be useful for:
- fast-moving and urgent group dispatch environments like a taxi company or urgent courier service.
- "lights-out" dispatch where new jobs are automatically sent to all workers without the intervention of a dispatcher.
Broadcast dispatch is a standard feature in vWork that is enabled in the Settings > General tab under the Multi-Assign setting. It works when the Accept and Decline Job setting is enabled.
In this article
Topics in this article include:
How to set up broadcast dispatch
To enable broadcast dispatch in your vWork account:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Scroll to the heading Accept and Decline Jobs and click on the checkbox next to Enabled to turn on the Accept and Decline feature for your mobile workers.
Note: You do not need to enable Auto-Decline.
- Scroll to the heading Multi-Assign and click on the checkbox next to Broadcast to turn the broadcast feature on.
How to broadcast a job
Once you have enabled the broadcast setting in your vWork account you can broadcast a job by opening the job editor and adding multiple workers to the worker field or assigning the job to all workers.
To broadcast a job:
- Open the job editor and in the Job Information tab scroll to the heading Assign the Job to a Worker.
- To broadcast the job to selected workers, click in the Worker field and begin typing a worker's name. Click to select their name from the options shown and add them to the job. Repeat for each additional worker you want to broadcast the message to.
- To broadcast the job to all workers click the checkbox next to Assign the job to all workers.
- Complete adding other information to the job then click Create or Update to save and publish the job.
The job now shows as Pending until one of your workers accepts the job. Once accepted the job is assigned to that worker and removed from other workers' schedules.