Yes, job labels allow you to customize what pieces of information are shown at the top level views for web and mobile users.
To get a preview of how it works, login to vWork and scroll to the bottom of one of the templates in the admin page, you will see a UI that looks like this:
If you are using our templated jobs API to create your jobs, you do not need to specify anything in the XML that you send us. We will automatically create the labels that are defined in the template you specify.
However, if you want to replicate this functionality with our jobs API, you can add tags to nodes specifying where they should be used as labels. Available tags are:
Supported nodes are:
Here are some examples:
- <template_name mobile_label="1">Sample Template</template_name>
- <planned_start_at web_label="3">2014-10-10T06:06Z</planned_start_at>
- <customer_name web_label="3">Willy</customer_name>
- <custom_field><name web_label="2">custom field name</name>
- <step><location><formatted_address web_label="2">1 Main Street, Auckland</formatted_address>
You may not tag more than one node with each label.
Please note, that although you specify the custom field name, the label will be the value from that custom field.