|vWork Enterprise Plan Feature|
With vWork you have the option of providing your customers with a self-service portal. The Customer Portal allows customers to see a public view of your vWork site as well as to request jobs themselves.
You can limit what customers have access to in your portal:
- request new jobs (in or out of your business hours).
- which job templates they can use.
- see their or all jobs on the map.
- edit jobs.
- delete a job.
- setup job alerts, sms and email.
- print invoices.
- view live job status information.
Once you have decided on the settings and permission levels you need, you can then customize what your portal looks like on the vWork Settings page, also upload your own logo for customized branding.
We also provide a button that you can place on your own website to create an easy link to the vWork Portal. It looks like this:
In the example below, you can see the customer facing login screen for an example portal. You can choose to allow anyone to sign up, or only select customers.
The customer portal is also fully responsive and works on most tablets and smartphones.
Why provide your customers with a self- service portal?
Enabling the self-service portal for your customers means less admin for you!
Empower your customers with the option of requesting their own jobs online, they can login at any time for ETA or status updates, reducing emails and phone calls at your end. They can only see what you want them to see and any new jobs they create are automatically uploaded to the Schedule.
1. Here is an example where a customer is creating a new Fibre install job request:
2. You can see below, this new job has appeared on the Schedule immediately afterwards, at the requested time, with the pink icon to alert the Dispatcher that there is a new job to schedule.
3. All of these updates happen without your Dispatcher having to do anything, reducing administration time and reducing overheads for your business.
4. Below, you can see the full job details that the Dispatcher can see when they click on a new job on the workbench.
5. The Dispatcher now needs to allocate a worker to the job and publish it as per the normal process with all new jobs.
How do I set up a Customer Portal?
You can setup your customer portal on the settings page.
You should tick the box to enable the customer portal on your account and add a web address where customers can find your portal.
You can also update the portal introduction text to include a phone number or similar.
As below you can also choose if you want anyone to sign up from the sign in page (public portal).
If you uncheck 'enable public portal' only customers you have setup yourself and sent login links to can use the portal.
Add the Portal To Your Website (Optional)
If you would like to add a link to the vWork portal from your website, there is a simple piece of code you can cut and paste to do so.
You don't have to use this button, you are welcome to craft your own link, but this code is provided if you need it.
Upload Your Logo (Optional)
If you wish to customise the portal look even further and add your logo to the top of the page you can do that from your account settings page.
Full instructions to do this can be found here.
Set Default Customer Permissions
You will need to select the permissions that customer portal users get by default.
- Are they allowed to create new jobs for themselves? Or just view the ones that were created for them by your dispatchers?
- Can they view the Map ?
- Can they see their assigned worker on the Map ?
- Can they print invoices ?
- Do you restrict bookings to only within company working hours ?
- Do you allow your customers to setup their own job alerts ?
Select Your Templates and Template permissions.
If you allow your customers to create new jobs, you will need to select which templates are shown on your portal. Simply select, then click add to have them available for your customers.
You are also able to choose which parts of these templates your customer portal users are able to see when they are creating new jobs. Simply click on the icon and make your selection. Each job step or field can be read only, required, hidden or optional.
Advanced Portal Settings
- map view and show assigned worker on map
You can choose to allow your customer to see their job on the map and whether they can see the assigned worker as well (as below).
- print invoice
if you allow your customer to view and print their invoice from the portal, they will see the invoice details at the bottom of the job as they get added, they can download a copy to print at any time.
- quick alerts
You can choose for your customers to be able to setup email or SMS alerts when their job is scheduled, started or completed.
- business hours
You also have the option to restrict portal scheduled jobs to be booked outside of your set business hours.
If you check this setting on the portal settings page,
Your customer will get a list of available times as below.
Using the Portal as a Customer
We have a full section of help articles dedicated to using the customer self service portal from the point of view of the customer here.
There is also a basics article on this help page.
If you choose to enable SMS alerts for your customer portal, these will be charged to your account. Please email email@example.com for pricing as this differs based on location.
The setting is below on the portal settings page.