In this article
- Going On and Off Shift on your iPhone
- How do I shift on/off on my iPhone or iPad?
- When you are on-shift and want to shift-off
- When you are off-shift and want to shift-on
Going On and Off Shift on your iPhone
You can set your availability to let the dispatcher know you have gone off shift. The Dispatcher sees that you have shifted off and are not available to do jobs for the period of time you choose to be off shift.
Before you can use this feature it must be enabled in vWork by your vWork Administrator in Settings>General under the Shift on/off section.
How do I shift on/off on my iPhone or iPad?
When you are on-shift and want to shift-off
- Tap the You are on shift Notification Bar to open the Shift-off options.
- Tap the time options drop-down menu to open the menu where you can choose the length of time you want to shift-off.
- Select how long you want to shift-off for.
The default is until I shift on. You can also select from the other pre-defined options or click the date and time to set a custom time for your return to shift.
Note: If you select a pre-defined time (such as 1 hour) or you customize a time that you want to return to your shift, your phone will automatically put you back on shift when that time has passed. If you keep the default, until I shift on, you will be off-shift until you manually shift back on.
- Tap the Shift Off button to confirm the length of time you have chosen to shift-off for.
When you are off-shift and want to shift-on
- The Shift notification bar will show that you are off-shift and display a Shift On button to enable you to shift on again before the time you set as off-shift elapses.
- Tap the Shift on button to start receiving new jobs and complete jobs already on your phone.
Note: When you are off-shift you cannot complete job steps. You will see this notification advising that you are off-shift. Dismiss this message then shift-on from the Shift Notification bar to complete job steps.