You can use your vWork mobile app to let the dispatcher know you have gone off shift - or have returned to your shift. This is really useful when you are going on a break.
When you 'Shift off' your dispatcher sees that you are not available to do jobs. You can set your shift status so that it automatially shows you are back on shift after a set period of time, or you can manually update your shift status at any time.
Before you can use this feature it must be enabled in vWork by your vWork Administrator in Settings>General under the Shift on/off section.
In this article
This article explains how to update your shift status through the vWork mobile app:
- How to 'Shift Off'
- How to 'Shift On'
Click a link from the list above to go to that topic. You can return to this list by clicking this icon:
How to 'Shift Off'
When you shift off you let your dispatcher know that you are not available to accept more jobs. You are also not able to update your jobs while you are not on shift.
You can 'Shift Off' until you shift on again or 'Shift Off' for a preset amount of time. We explain both methods below'.
'Shift Off' until you manually shift on again
- Tap the You are on shift status bar to open the shift off options.
- Tap Shift off.
- In the confirmation pop-up box tap Shift off again to confirm that you are shifting off until you manually shift on again.
'Shift Off' for a pre-set duration of time
When you a set a pre-defined period of time that you are off shift, vWork automatically updates your status to back on shift when that time has elapsed.
To set a pre-defined period of time that you are off shift:
- Tap the You are on shift status bar to open the shift-off options.
- Tap until I shift on to open the menu where you can choose the length of time you want to shift-off.
- Select how long you want to shift-off for. Tap the Date and Time to customize the time you are off shift.
or select from a pre-defined time.
- Tap the Shift Off button to confirm the length of time you have chosen to shift-off for.
- In the confirmation pop-up box tap Shift off again to confirm that you are shifting off for the time you have selected.
How to shift-on
You can manually update your shift status to show you are back on shift at anytime when you are not on shift.
To update your shift status to show you are back on shift:
- You can see the Shift status bar shows that you are off-shift. Tap the bar to show the Shift On button.
- Tap the Shift on button to update your shift status and let your dispatcher know you are back on shift.
Once you have updated your shift you'll be able to recieve new jobs and complete jobs already on your Jobs List.