vWork Optimization is an optional feature. If you want to find out more or add this to your vWork account, please email support@vWorkapp.com.
Make sure your vWork account is ready to run Route Optimization
Before you can run an Optimization you should check your vWork account to ensure you have enabled all the correct settings and permissions. The minimum settings and permissions you need to consider are:
- User permissions: Ensure the User you want to run the Optimization has this permission enabled in their User Settings.
- A Start Location: You must set at least one Start Location in either the vWork account settings, a Group (if you have this enabled in your account), or in the Job. You can override the Start Location when you run the optimization but you must ensure a start location is set in one of these places or the Optimization will not run.
- One geo-coded step address for every job to be included in the Optimization.
For more information on setting up your vWork account to run Route Optimization take a look at the article: How do I set up my vWork account to use Route Optimization?
Now you are ready to create an optimization
- Go to Jobs >Optimization to open the Optimization page.
(You will only see this if you have User Permission for Optimization enabled.)
- Choose your required date/time range for the jobs to be started and completed.
- Choose your jobs and workers. You can:
- click on them on the map.
- or use the polygon selection tool. then double click to close the polygon.
- or click the button on the right of the page.
- or use the search filters.
Note: You can also choose all jobs and workers to quickly select them and then remove the ones you don't need.
- Your selections for jobs and workers will show up in the information pane on the right.
Select or deselect any workers (you can add more or less), then click Next or the final step: Optimize.
- Then add a Start Location for your workers if needed. Then click Run Optimization.
- You can then choose to View your optimization from the menu in the top left corner of the map, or run another.
Note: Depending on the size of your optimization it can take seconds or minutes to run.
- Once your optimization is done you can Publish or Delete the Optimized jobs. Open the View page and use either the Publish icon or Delete icon depending on what you want to do.