vWork Optimization is an optional feature. If you want to find out more, or add this to your vWork account, please email support@vWorkapp.com
How to set up your Optimization.
1. Give yourself and your Users permissions to use optimization, as shown in the User Permissions settings below:
2. You can set your default Start and End locations in Settings> General as shown below:
Note: You must set a Start Location for an Optimization to work. You can set it in the:
- General settings page as shown above, or,
- set start locations for each mobile worker or,
- where you have Groups enabled in your vWork account, you can set the start location for each Group.
3. You can add advanced optimization settings to your workers / users.
- Optionally you can add your workers capacity (and default start / end locations) in their User Details here as shown below:
4. You can also set time windows in your jobs. For example you may have jobs that can only be delivered on a Sunday afternoon. You can set this in the job.
- Optionally set your jobs capacity and/or start time window as shown below:
5. Make sure your jobs to be optimized have geo coded step locations.
- The best way to do this is to add Lat and Long co-ordinates to the jobs in bulk with an online tool like this.
- Then you can import the jobs in bulk via a CSV file, or alternatively send them through via our API.
Now you are ready to use Optimization: