How to Setup your Optimization.
1. Enable Optimization (this requires an Enterprise vWork plan) - just email support to turn this on for you.
2. Give yourself and your users permissions to use optimization, as shown in the user permissions settings below:
3. Optionally, you can set your default Start and End locations in the general settings page as shown below:
4. If required, you can add advanced optimization settings to your workers / users.
- Optionally you can add your workers capacity and default start / end locations) in their user settings here as shown below:
5. If required you can also set time windows in your jobs. For example you may have jobs that can only be delivered on a Sunday afternoon. You can set this in the job.
- Optionally set your jobs capacity and/or start time window as shown below:
6. Make sure your jobs to be optimized have geo coded step locations.
- The best way to do this is to add Lat and Long co-ordinates to the jobs in bulk with an online tool like this.
- Then you can import the jobs in bulk via a CSV file, or alternatively send them through via our API.
Now you are ready to use Optimization: