You can automatically add hours and mileage as line items on an invoice
There are 2 steps to enable working hours and mileage to show automatically on your invoice as line items when you have different rates set for individual workers and equipment:
- Set the hourly and distance rates. This is explained in the article How can I set up individual charge-out rates for Users and Equipment?
- Set the job templates to automatically add hours and mileage as line items to job invoices. This step is explained below.
Note: these instructions only apply if you have chosen the option to use different rates for individual workers and pieces of equipment. This is an optional vWork feature. If you haven’t chosen this option you can still automatically add line items for hours and mileage. See the articles:
- Can I automatically add mileage to my invoices? and
- Can I automatically add worker and equipment hours to my Invoices?
Set a template to automatically add hours and mileage as a line item to an invoice?
You set up the Job template to automatically add hours and mileage as line items to invoices in the Invoicing tab.
- Go to Settings > Templates > Jobs
- Select the name of the template you want to use for invoicing from the list to open it.
- Select the Invoicing tab.
- Click to enable invoicing if this has not been enabled for this template.
- Click the cross to delete the default line item if this is not required.
- Select the corresponding checkboxes for the line items you want to show. Choose from:
- Generate worker hours line item automatically when job is complete
- Generate worker travel distance line item automatically when job is complete,
- Generate equipment hours line item automatically when job is complete, and
- Generate equipment travel distance line item automatically when job is complete.
- Click Create (for new templates) or Update (for existing templates) to save the template.