Sometimes team members change roles or move on from the organization. To keep your vWork account tidy you may want to delete them as a User of vWork. It is easy to do but before you dive in there are some things you should check.
In this article
This article explains the things you need to think about and check before you delete a user. The topics covered are:
- What happens when a User is deleted?
- Deleting a User with mobile app privileges (mobile user)
- I pay for my Users in advance - what now?
Take a look at this article and then find out how to delete a user by reading the article: How do I delete a User?
What happens when a User is deleted?
When you delete a user, their profile, including telephone and email, is removed from vWork and they are no longer able to log in to vWork on either the web app or the mobile app.
Deleting a User with mobile app privileges (mobile user)
This is what happens when you delete a User who has mobile app privileges.
- If a worker has jobs assigned to them that don’t have a status of Completed, you won’t be able to delete the User from vWork.
- All jobs with a status of Completed remain assigned to the mobile user in vWork. You can search for them in the Jobs tab.
If you open a Completed job you will see bracketed comment in the section, Assign the Job to a Worker, that shows the worker as deleted in vWork.
- Completed Jobs for the deleted user show in Reports when you run reports for All Workers.
You aren’t able to filter and run reports for only the deleted worker - the worker’s name no longer shows in the list of workers for you to select from when filtering reports by the Workers field.
- The User’s name and line are removed from the schedule.
Deleting a user with Dispatcher or Admin privileges
- If you are deleting a dispatcher (and you have groups enabled) please ensure that there is another dispatcher set up with permission to schedule jobs for the groups that were managed by the user you are deleting.
- vWork will not let you delete the last user with Administrator privileges in an account.
- You can also not delete your own profile if you are an Administrator.
Things to do before you delete a User
Before you delete a User with mobile privileges check to see if they have jobs assigned to them.
Assigned jobs include those that are:
If there are jobs assigned you must either:
- reassign the jobs to another worker, or
- delete the assigned jobs.
To find out how to reassign jobs in bulk please read the article: How do I Bulk Assign jobs?.
Dispatcher and Admin privileges
You don’t need to do anything in particular before deleting Users with Admin or Dispatcher privileges provided you aren't deleting the last person who has these particular privileges. If you are, then make sure you set a new User up to take over their role before deleting them.
I pay for my Users in advance - what now?
If you pay for your Users in advance, by Credit Card, you can reduce your monthly bill when you delete a User by paying for fewer User licenses. The number of User licenses doesn't automatically reduce in your account, but you can easily change this yourself.
Note: You’ll see a message at the top of the User Management page letting you know if you are paying for more User Licenses than the number of current user profiles saved in your account.
To change the number of User Licenses you pay for:
- Go to Settings > My Account
- Enter the reduced number of licenses you want to pay or in the top banner.
- Click Save.
Note: When you add a new User to your account the number of licenses shown on the My Account page updates automatically.