Mobile Reminders are notifications that pop up in the vWork iOS mobile app to remind your mobile users to complete a step on a job. This is useful when it is important to keep the status of a job, that they are working on, up to date. Examples of when it is important to complete steps in the app as they are completed in real-time include:
- When steps need to be completed to trigger alerts and reports for customers.
- When a job is invoiced based on the time your worker spends doing the job and this is calculated by the time difference between two steps for a job.
- When a job is invoiced based on the distance traveled by your worker between two geolocated steps.
- To ensure your dispatchers are kept fully up-to-date on the progress of your jobs.
- To ensure the latest information is provided to other systems that you may have integrated with vWork.
There are three types of Mobile Reminders. Your mobile user can activate these from the main menu in the IOS vWork mobile app. They are:
- Scheduled reminders
- Arrival reminders
- Departure reminders.
Scheduled reminders remind your mobile users to complete the first step for a job when the job is scheduled to start within the next 15 minutes and no other job is in progress.
Arrival reminders remind your mobile users to complete a geocoded step for a job when their IOS device is within 300 meters of a geolocated step address for a job. The mobile device must be stationery for this alert to activate; ie., if it's in a vehicle the vehicle should be stopped or moving very slowly.
Departure reminders remind your mobile users to complete a geocoded step for a job when they have left the location of the step and are 300 meters to 750 meters away from its geocoded location.
Note: Mobile users will get Arrival and Departure reminders for jobs that have already started or, if no jobs are started, jobs that are accepted and are the next job scheduled to start today. We will not trigger alerts for pending jobs. If Accept and Decline is enabled in the settings on your account, the job must be accepted for a reminder to be triggered.
For more information about how to activate Mobile Reminders in the vWork mobile app and the rules around how these reminders work, please see the article: How to turn on and use Mobile Reminders for iOS.