Once you have integrated MYOB Advanced Business with vWork you can bring your MYOB Advanced customer information across into vWork. This ensures that jobs with invoice line items in vWork are automatically associated with the matching MYOB customer record when the vWork invoice is uploaded into MYOB Advanced.
Before you can import your customer information from MYOB Advanced, you must authorize vWork to share information with MYOB Advanced. This process is explained in the article, MYOB Advanced: Connect vWork to MYOB Advanced.
The MYOB Advanced integration is an optional feature in vWork. To add this to your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this article
This article explains how to bring MYOB Advanced customer information into vWork and maintain this customer information so that MYOB Advanced and vWork customer records stay in sync with each other.
The topics covered include:
- Import MYOB Advanced customers into vWork
- Sync changed MYOB Advanced customer information with vWork
- Add vWork customers to MYOB Advanced
- Tips for setting up customer data in MYOB Advanced and vWork
- Related articles
Click the topic link above to go directly to that topic. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Import MYOB Advanced customers into vWork
To import MYOB Advanced customers into vWork you use the dedicated button.
To do this:
- Click the Customers tab to open the list of vWork customers.
- Click to open the options for importing customer information.
- In the 'Import from MYOB Advanced' section click to start the customer import.
- The customer data import begins. The import button changes to show MYOB Advanced customer data is synchronizing with vWork.
- When the customer information is imported a message displays at the bottom of the MYOB Advanced section telling you how many customers were imported. The new customers will have a vWork ID and are saved into the Customer list in the Customers tab.
💡Tip: You can tell which customers were imported from MYOB Advanced as they show that they were in the 'Notes' for the customer.
Sync changed MYOB Advanced customer information with vWork
If your customer information changes in MYOB Advanced, eg., a customer changes their address, phone number, or the name of a contact, you can easily ensure this information is shared with vWork.
To update the customer information in vWork, simply follow the same steps you used to import MYOB Advanced customer data outlined in the previous topic. vWork imports any new customer records and syncs existing customer records that have been changed in MYOB Advanced.
Add vWork customers to MYOB Advanced
You can add vWork customers to MYOB Advanced very easily. Whenever you upload invoices to MYOB Advanced any vWork customer not previously saved in MYOB Advanced that is added to a vWork job is automatically saved in MYOB Advanced as a new customer record.
Tips for setting up customer data in MYOB Advanced and vWork
You can get the most out of the customer data shared from MYOB Advanced by understanding how fields in the MYOB customer records map to the Customer fields in the corresponding vWork customer record.
MYOB Advanced 'Customer ID' and vWork customer 'ID'
MYOB Advanced uses a unique ID for customer records and vWork also assigns a unique customer ID - these are unique to each application and won't match. We use other information to ensure MYOB Advanced and vWork customer data synchronizes correctly.
Matching corresponding fields between MYOB Advanced and vWork
This table explains where data from fields in the MYOB Advanced customer record is saved in the vWork customer record, and vice versa.
|MYOB Advanced customer record field labels||Corresponding vWork customer field labels|
|ACCOUNT INFO section: 'Account Name'||⇨ 'Name'|
|ACCOUNT ADDRESS section: All fields in this section||⇨ Customer Site Contact section: 'Site Address'|
|ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT INFO section: 'Business 1'||⇨ Customer Billing Contact section: 'Phone'|
|ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT INFO section: 'Fax'||⇨ Customer Site Contact section: 'Fax'|
|ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT INFO section: 'Account Email'||⇨ Customer Billing Contact section: 'Email'|
|PRIMARY CONTACT section: All fields in this section
Caution: Select the 'Cell' field to save the mobile number to ensure that it maps to the 'Mobile' field for the Site contact in vWork. This is important to ensure SMS alerts sent to the customer contact work correctly.
|⇨ Customer Site Contact section: 'First name', 'Last name', 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Email'
You can see how the fields are mapped in this image. The top section shows the MYOB Advanced customer record, and the bottom section shows the same customer record in vWork.
- To learn how to integrate vWork and MYOB Advanced or change the MYOB Advanced account that vWork sends invoices to, please read the article, MYOB Advanced: Connect vWork to MYOB Advanced.
- To learn how to share vWork invoices with MYOB Advance, please read the article, MYOB Advanced: Share a vWork invoice with MYOB Advanced.