vWork Equipment is an optional feature. If you want to find out more or add this to your vWork account, please contact email@example.com.
vWork Equipment allows you to schedule your own equipment as you would a driver or worker. vWork provides a separate Schedule page for equipment so you can easily see when equipment is booked to with a job - such as a mobile crane booked for a lifting job. This shows your dispatcher that the equipment is in use, so they can avoid booking it on another job at the same time.
In this article
- Set up Equipment
- Schedule Equipment
- How does Equipment show on mobile devices?
- View Equipment assigned to jobs in the Jobs List
You can click on any of the topic links above to go straight to the topic you are interested in. Click this icon to return to this topic list at any time. You'll find it at the end of each topic.
Set up Equipment
To add equipment to your equipment database:
- Go to: Settings > Equipment.
- Click Add Equipment
- Go to Attachment and click to attach an image of the equipment.
- Complete the remaining fields:
- vWork automatically generates an ID for the equipment, or you can add your own in the ID field. Whatever you choose to use as the ID will display on the jobs that use the equipment and reports.
- Click in Groups and select as many groups as you want the equipment to belong to.
- If you have an EROAD telematics device installed on the equipment you can add the device in the Eroad Vehicle field.
- If you have individual hourly and distance rates added to and enabled on your account, specify the rates for the equipment in the Hourly Rate and Distance Rate fields. These rates will automatically generate line items on the invoice for your equipment.
- You can Tag your equipment if you have Health & Safety added to and enabled on your account.
- Click Create Equipment to save the equipment to your equipment library.
You can attach equipment to any job in vWork. You can also attach multiple pieces of equipment to a job (for example, if 2 trucks are needed).
To add equipment to a job:
- In a job, scroll to the Equipment section in the Job Information tab.
- Click .
- Click in the Name field and select the equipment from the list.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add additional equipment to the job.
- Create or update the job when you have finished editing its details.
- Once the job is accepted by the worker assigned to the job the equipment shows on the Equipment schedule. You see this by selecting the Equipment option under the Schedule tab or by selecting the Equipment options under the Jobs tab.
🔔Important: The equipment schedule is used to view when equipment is assigned to jobs. It is not used to schedule equipment or reschedule jobs that have equipment associated with them. Jobs should be rescheduled through the Workers Schedule or the Jobs tab. Equipment should be scheduled by attaching it to a job in the Job Editor.
How does Equipment show on mobile devices?
When you attach equipment to a job, this shows on the Jobs screen on the mobile device to let the worker know there is Equipment required for the job.
View Equipment assigned to jobs in the Jobs List
You can customize a column on the Jobs list to show Equipment.
To customize the Jobs list with an Equipment column:
- Go to Jobs > Jobs.
- Click Customize.
- Click the column you want to assign as an Equipment column and select Equipment from the list.
Note: You can also choose to assign Equipment to a field that you can view when you expand the Job in the Jobs List. Choose a column in the Expandable Sub Row section to do this.