vWork Route Optimization is an optional feature. If you want to find out more or add this to your vWork account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the vWork Team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
In this article
- What is Route Optimization?
- Why should I use Route Optimization?
- How do I benefit from using Route Optimization?
- I want to start using Route Optimization!
The article How do I set up my vWork account to use Route Optimization explains the steps required to set your vWork account to run Optimization.
The article How do I use Optimization? explains how to create and run a Route Optimization.
What is Route Optimization?
Route Optimization is a daily planning and scheduling tool.
Its purpose is to automate route planning to maximize worker and vehicle productivity when you know what jobs you have to do and when you have to do them.
Optimization works out the fastest and most efficient route for workers, or vehicles, to complete multiple jobs within a specified time frame. It automates the scheduling of jobs to ensure the lowest mileage for all workers, or vehicles, on a route as a collective group.
Why should I use Route Optimization?
Optimization saves effort, time, fuel, and other on-road costs saving your business money and improving customer satisfaction. It works well when you:
- Know, in advance, what jobs you have to do on a given day.
- Want to work out the most efficient route or routes with minimum effort.
- Want to load your vehicles and assign your workers in the most efficient way.
How do I benefit from using Route Optimization?
There are many benefits:
- Jobs are delivered to customers in the least time possible improving your business resource utilization and your customer satisfaction.
- You save time and effort for your Dispatchers - they set the route optimization then move on to other tasks while vWork Route Optimization does the rest. This allows them to easily publish hundreds of jobs in just a few minutes.
- You save time for your collective mobile workforce to complete jobs. More jobs are scheduled and completed in a day.
- You save fuel costs, road user costs, and wear-and-tear on vehicles by using the most efficient route (least distance traveled) for the fleet.
- When used with vWork’s optional Tags feature, Optimization automates the allocation of the most suitable workers, or vehicles, to complete technical or complex jobs. This enables you to get the most from both your workforce and fleet.
- Optionally, you can have your Route Optimization completed by vWork’s skilled team to free up your time for other things. If this interests you then get in touch with email@example.com. A member of the vWork Team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
I want to start using Route Optimization!
If you want to find out how to start using Optimization then take a look at the article How do I set up my vWork account to use Route Optimization