You can easily connect MYOB AccountRight with vWork. When you integrate vWork and MYOB AccountRight you can:
- Import your customers from MYOB into vWork.
- Record time and materials from vWork jobs on MYOB invoices.
- Automatically create invoices in MYOB when a vWork job is completed.
The MYOB AccountRight integration is an optional feature in vWork. To add this to your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support team will contact you to discuss your requirements and add the MYOB AccountRight integration to your vWork account.
In this article
This article explains how to connect vWork with MYOB AccountRight.
The topics covered include:
- Before connecting vWork to MYOB AccountRight
- Authorize MYOB AccountRight to share information with vWork
- Add MYOB AccountRight settings to vWork
Click the topic link above to go directly to that topic. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon.
Before connecting vWork to MYOB AccountRight
Authorize MYOB AccountRight to share information with vWork
You authorize MYOB and vWork to share information through the Integration Settings in vWork.
Before you begin
To integrate vWork and MYOB Account Right you will need the following:
- Your Administrator MYOB account login credentials.
- The MYOB AccountRight company file login credentials.
Note: MYOB sets the default for the company file login credentials so that the user is “Administrator” and no is password required. If you haven’t changed this in MYOB this is what you use to connect the company file to vWork in the integration process.
Authorize MYOB AccountRight in vWork
To authorize MYOB and vWork to share information:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Integrations.
- Click to open the Sign in to MYOB page.
- Enter the email address you use to log in to your MYOB account and click Next.
- Enter your MYOB Password and, if you want to stay signed in, click the Stay signed in for 12 Hours checkbox option.
- Click Sign in.
- This opens the MYOB authorised applications page. Click to give vWork access to MYOB.
- Once you have authorized vWork to connect with MYOB and your AccountRight company files you are returned to the MYOB Integrations Settings page in vWork. You’ll see a banner that confirms that MYOB is successfully connected to MYOB. Now you will select the MYOB AccountRight company file you want to connect to and the settings to use with it. These tasks are explained in the next topic.
Add MYOB AccountRight settings to vWork
Once vWork and MYOB are connected you add the following information to vWork:
- The MYOB company file to connect to.
- The MYOB settings to use for the shared job information.
- How often to automatically upload job invoice information (optional).
Note: You can manually choose to upload invoice information to MYOB at any time - even if you choose to auto-upload.
You do all these tasks in the MYOB Online Integration Settings in vWork.
Add the MYOB company file
To add your MYOB company file to vWork:
- Look next to Available Company Files in the MYOB Online Integration Settings section to see a list of your organization’s MYOB company files. Click the radio button to select the company file that you want vWork to connect to.
In this example, we only have one available company file - Orange Gecko Group.
- Enter the User Name and Password you use for the selected company file. If you haven’t changed the default settings in MYOB this will be:
- User: Administrator
- Password: no password - leave this empty.
- Click .
- A green banner confirms that the MYOB company file information is added to vWork. You can also see the name of the MYOB company file you are linked to at the top of the MYOB Online Integration Settings section.
Add MYOB settings
Once the company file is selected you select the MYOB settings you want to apply.
To select the MYOB settings:
- Click Default Tax code and select an MYOB tax code from the options in the drop-down list.
- Click Account and select your preferred MYOB account from the options in the drop-down list.
- Click to save the MYOB settings - or continue to the next topic and set the auto-upload of invoice information to MYOB.
Set invoice information to automatically upload to MYOB
Choose how you want to upload stubs (job invoice information) to MYOB when jobs are completed in vWork. You can choose to upload these manually by not selecting a sync period, or automatically by enabling the auto-upload option and then selecting a sync period. We explain here how to set up the auto-upload option.
Note: You can manually upload stubs at any time - even if you have an auto-upload option enabled. We recommend you don’t enable auto-upload if you want to review invoices in vWork before uploading them to MYOB.
To enable the auto upload option:
- Click the Auto upload enable checkbox to add a checkmark to select this option.
- Click the Sync Period and select how often you want invoices to sync with MYOB from the options in the drop-down list. You can select from every 15 minutes up to every 24 hours.
- Click to save the MYOB settings.
- Once you save the changes, you receive confirmation that the invoice settings are updated in the green banner and you will see the auto-upload time period you selected displayed in the Sync Period field.
You have completed the integration process. The next step is to bring your MYOB customer information into vWork. Please read the article, Import MYOB AccountRight customers into vWork.