Once you have integrated MYOB AccountRight with vWork and imported MYOB customers you can begin uploading invoices to MYOB.
The MYOB AccountRight integration is an optional feature in vWork. To add this to your account please email email@example.com. Our support team will contact you to discuss your requirements and add the MYOB AccountRight integration to your vWork account.
In this article
This article explains how to upload invoice information from a completed vWork job to MYOB AccountRight.
The topics covered include:
- Auto-upload invoices in batches
- Manually upload pending invoices to MYOB AccountRight
- View a vWork invoice in MYOB AccountRight
Click the topic link above to go directly to that topic. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon.
Auto-upload invoices in batches
In the article, AccountRight: connect vWork to MYOB AccountRight, we explained how to enable and set an auto-upload period to upload vWork invoices to MYOB in batches. When you elect to do this in the MYOB Integration settings then:
- Invoices go into a pending state while they wait to be included in the next invoice batch upload to MYOB.
💡Tip: Invoices can still be updated in vWork while they are pending.
- Pending invoices are automatically uploaded as a batch at the time intervals specified by the sync period saved in the settings.
❗Caution: Once uploaded to MYOB, changes made to the invoice information in vWork aren’t reflected in the Invoice information in MYOB. If you want to review invoice information and have the flexibility to modify invoices before they are uploaded to MYOB, consider using the 'Manual upload' setting, or using our Invoice Approval feature.
Manually upload pending invoices to MYOB AccountRight
You can manually upload invoice information to MYOB if you don’t want to wait for the next MYOB batch upload, or don’t have 'Auto upload' enabled in the MYOB Integration settings.
To manually upload a vWork invoice to MYOB:
- Make sure the vWork job is complete and you are satisfied the invoice information for the job is complete and accurate.
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Integrations.
- Scroll to the Upload Stubs to MYOB Online section. Here you can see how many invoices are pending and when the last batch was successfully uploaded.
- Click to start the upload of all pending invoices to MYOB.
- When the upload is completed you will see confirmation of the number of invoices uploaded in a green banner.
View a vWork invoice in MYOB AccountRight
Once an invoice is uploaded to MYOB you can view it in AccountRight.
View an invoice in the online browser view
This example is the invoice information from a job in vWork that we have uploaded to MYOB.
To view the invoice online in MYOB AccountRight:
- Go to Banking > Find Transactions to display a list of all transactions.
- Click the Invoice Reference no of the invoice that you want to view.
You can use the description, date, and value of the invoice to help you identify the invoice.
- The invoice opens in the Sales menu.
- To view the invoice again you can now open it directly from the Sales menu.
Go to Sales > Invoices.
- This opens the Invoice view where you can search for the customer to display the invoices you have viewed for that customer.
- Click the Invoice no to view the invoice.
View an invoice in the Windows desktop view
The same invoice that we have shown above can also be viewed in AccountRight on a Windows desktop. This is what it looks like.