Sometimes you may accidentally duplicate customer records or you have customers that merge with each other.
In vWork, when you delete a customer record you can reassign jobs associated with that customer to another customer record.
Delete a customer and transfer their jobs to another customer
You delete customers and transfer jobs associated with them to another customer record on the Customers page.
To delete a customer:
- Go to Customers.
- Select the customer you want to delete and click to open their customer record.
- Scroll to the bottom of the customer record and click .
- If the customer has old jobs vWork will prompt you to select another customer to transfer these jobs to.
- Begin typing the name of the new customer in the Search for customers... field to display a list of customers, then click to select the customer you want to transfer the jobs to.
- Click to transfer the jobs to this customer.