vWork Assets is an optional feature. If you want to find out more or add this to your vWork account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this article
This article explains what Assets in vWork are and when they are useful.
- What are Assets in vWork?
- Why should I use Assets?
- Set up your Assets in vWork
- Assets and repeating jobs
What are Assets in vWork?
An asset can be a place, location, or item that needs to be serviced and has a fixed location. It can be geolocated with either a geocoded address or latitude and longitude coordinates.
Examples of assets are:
- sports fields,
- public toilets,
- significant trees,
- water tanks,
- water coolers,
- fire extinguishers,
- power pylons,
- commercial waste bins.
Assets can be added to standard or repeating jobs in vWork and can provide an alternative address to the customer's site address in a step address for a job.
Assets can be linked to a customer and may have a different address to the customer's site address.
Assets must have an ID - this can be a third-party ID from another system, your own ID, or a vWork assigned ID (vWork ID).
Why should I use Assets?
It is useful to save a location or item as an Asset if:
- It has a fixed location and needs regular maintenance
- You want to include the location or item in a repeating job cycle
- You want to track the work history for the item
- It is one of several similar locations or items that belong to one customer and all those locations need the same work done to them on a regular basis. For example, water coolers at the same address but located on different floors.
- It is to be included in Optimization and time windows restrict when work can or can't be done.
Set up your Assets in vWork
You can add Assets to vWork individually or import them in bulk. The article, Set up Assets in vWork, explains how to add Assets to your vWork account.
Assets and repeating jobs
The optional Repeating Jobs v2 feature enables you to include your Assets in a repeating job schedule. There is great flexibility with this feature. You can add many Assets to one customized repeating schedule, set seasonal schedules, offset the days you want jobs to repeat on, and use other settings to manage how jobs are automatically scheduled for your Assets. The article, Set up Repeating Jobs v2 - with Assets explains how to add your Assets to a repeating job schedule.