First, make sure Assets have been enabled in your account. You will know if they are enabled as you will see an Assets tab in the vWork webapp.
If you would like to find out more about Assets please email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
Set up Asset User Permissions
Make sure the person who will set up Assets has the Assets User Permission enabled. The Admin for your account should ensure this Permission is turned on to Full on the User Permissions page.
To do this:
- Go to Settings>Users >User Management and select the user for who you want to enable Asset User Permissions.
- Scroll to the Webapp Permissions under the User Permissions area.
- Select Full for the Assets permission.
Add your Assets
Assets can be manually added or imported in bulk.
Manually add an asset
To manually add an asset:
- Go to Assets>Assets List
- Click Add Asset and fill in the Assets details.
- Click Save.
Bulk Import Assets
You can import your assets in bulk via a CSV file (spreadsheet)
You can bulk import Assets using a .CSV file. You can include the following information in the information you import.
|ID||Third party ID||Name||Model||Serial||Cost||OwnerID||Owner Name||Address||Lat||Long|
Tip: An easy way to get a formatted asset list is to manually add 1 asset, then you can export this to a CSV file using the export button. Then you can add all of your additional assets in bulk to the spreadsheet and then import the list.
To find out more about Bulk importing your Assets, take a look at the article: Bulk Importing Assets.
Static Asset fields
You can also add static asset fields globally to all of your assets if you need these. These are read-only or hidden as they only provide additional information on the Asset. They show for all assets. If you remove these you will delete them from all Assets also.
To set up Static Asset fields:
- Go to Settings > Assets
- Add extra fields as required.
Add Assets to your jobs
Once you have put your Assets into vWork you can add them to your jobs. You can either add them at the template level or add them to an individual job.
To add an Asset to a job or template:
- Go to the Template or the Job
- In the Job Information tab scroll down to Assets.
- In the select and Asset field start entering the Asset name. A list of assets will display. select the Asset you want.
- Save your changes.
Importing Groups, Hazards and Tags with your Assets
When you are importing hazards or tags with your assets, there are a few rules to adhere to.
- The Group name must match the Group name exactly as it is shownin vWork (watch for capital letters and spaces).
- You must use the hazard ID or tag ID. These hazards and Tags must already exist in vWork.
- When importing multiple hazards, tags or groups with assets in a CSV file you must separate the ID's with a | symbol ("Shift+\" on your keyboard).
For example, to import tag ID's 123, 124 and 456 into one asset, your csv cell would look like: 123|124|456.
This is the same for importing multiple hazards and groups.
Adding Assets to Repeating Jobs
To find out how to add assets to your repeating jobs, please take a look at the article: How do I set up Repeating Jobs v2 - with Assets.
**Please be aware if you link an asset to a customer or group they will only show in jobs for that customer or group.