Mobile reminders are notifications that pop up in the vWork mobile app to remind you that you need to complete a step in a job. This is useful when it is important to keep the status of a job that you are working on up-to-date.
To learn more about mobile reminders, please read the article: What are mobile reminders?
In this article
This article describes how to activate and use mobile reminders in the vWork app on your Android device.
Topics in this article include:
You can quickly go to any topic you are interested in by clicking on the link above. You can also easily return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Turn on mobile reminders
Mobile reminders are managed in the settings menu of the vWork app. They are not active by default and must be turned on in the vWork app settings if you want to use them. You can choose to turn on all, some, or one of the available mobile reminders.
To turn mobile reminders on:
- Open vWork on your Android device.
- Tap at the top of the screen to open the main menu.
- Tap Settings to open the Settings screen.
- Tap Reminders to open the Reminders screen.
- Tap the checkbox next to each mobile reminder that you want to enable.
In this example, the Allow Scheduled and Allow Departure mobile reminders are enabled and show a checkmark in their corresponding checkboxes.
- The selected mobile reminders are now enabled for the vWork app. Tap Reminders in the red banner to return to the Jobs screen.
How mobile reminders work
Mobile reminders are activated by either time or location information. For a detailed explanation of the rules and parameters used to trigger a Mobile Reminder notification on your mobile device, please read the article, How mobile reminders work.
A word about location tracking
When you use the Arrival or Departure mobile reminders you must make sure the location settings are turned on for the vWork app. Location settings tell the vWork app how close you are to a geocoded job step. This information is used to trigger location-based mobile reminders.
We recommend that you have location tracking set to Allow all the time to get the most from the mobile reminders feature. The process for turning this on is explained in the article, Android: vWork mobile app Location Tracking settings.
💡Tip: If you don’t want your location tracked when you are off shift, make sure you set your Operating Hours to match your working hours in the app Settings. When you set your Android device location settings to Allow all the time in the Android device settings we won’t track you when the app is logged out and it is outside the Operating Hours you have saved in the vWork Settings.
You can learn more about mobile reminders in the following articles:
- What are mobile reminders?, describes the types of mobile reminders and what they are used for. This is a good article to read to decide which mobile reminder you should set to achieve the outcome you want.
- How mobile reminders work, explains the rules that trigger each of the Mobile Reminder options. This is a good article to read if you aren't getting mobile reminders when you expect them.
- iOS: vWork mobile app settings -turn on mobile reminders, explains how to turn on mobile reminders for an iOS device.
You can learn more about the vWork mobile app settings for Android in these articles:
- Android: vWork mobile app Interface settings
- Android: vWork mobile app Location Tracking settings
- Android: vWork mobile app Sync settings
- Android: vWork mobile app Privacy settings