Android device settings for vWork
When using an Android mobile device to run the vWork mobile app there are some app permissions that you need to allow (turn on) in your Android device settings. These are separate from the vWork mobile app settings. You will find these in the Settings menu for your Android device under the vWork app.
The settings you need to look at for the vWork app include:
- Location: allow this so your dispatcher can see where you are on the Map and also enable location-based alerts; such as the ETA Alert. Location tracking also helps dispatchers to assign jobs to you that are near your location.
- Camera: allow this so that you can take photos when these are required to complete jobs.
- Notifications: allow this to enable vWork to send notifications about new jobs and job updates.
- Storage / Files and Media: allow this if you need to select photos from your photo library to complete jobs.
Read these articles for more information about the Android device settings and how to get the best from these when using them with the vWork mobile app settings.
- Android: vWork mobile app Location Tracking settings: this article has a topic that explains how to enable Location permissions for vWork in your Android device settings.
- Android: vWork mobile app Interface settings: this article has a topic that explains how to enable Notification permissions for vWork in your Android device settings.