What are Mandatory Templates?
When Mandatory Templates are enabled you make sure Dispatchers :
- Create jobs that are always based on your pre-defined job templates, and
- Never modify the steps and custom fields for Jobs that they create from a job template.
This setting is Enabled in the vWork account settings by default and is highly recommended. If you choose to turn it off your Dispatchers can:
- change the steps and custom fields in jobs created from your pre-defined templates, and
- create jobs without using a template.
Why should I use Mandatory Templates?
Mandatory templates ensure Job consistency. If you need to ensure every job follows the same steps and includes the same custom fields every time then it is a good idea to make sure Mandatory Templates are enabled in your account settings. This will ensure only the job templates you have defined can be used by your Dispatchers and workers, and jobs based on these job templates will not be altered in any way.
How do I enable Mandatory Templates?
You enable Mandatory Templates in your vWork Account settings.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Scroll down to Mandatory Job Templates.
- Check the Enabled? checkbox.
- Click Save at the bottom of the account settings page.