The Jobs List, on the Jobs tab, provides an overview of all Jobs in vWork. You can customize your view of the Jobs List to show the specific information you want in each column. The customized format is saved with your user profile and shows every time you log in to vWork.
By default, the Jobs List displays seven columns. The last of these columns is the Address information for the job. The address that shows here with the job comes from the first step in the job to have an address saved against it.
If you have jobs that include more than one step address, for example, a pick-up address and a delivery address, you may prefer to display the step address for a specific step, or additional step addresses in the Jobs List.
In this article
This article explains how to customize columns in the Jobs List to display up to five step addresses.
Topics in this article include:
Select a topic from the topic list to go directly to it. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
What is a step address?
The step address is saved against a step in the Job Information in the Job Editor. Any step may have an address saved against it, but it is not necessary to save an address with a step. In most situations, the step address is used to tell the mobile worker the location where the step is to be completed.
A step address can be:
- geocoded - the address has the latitude and longitude coordinates saved with it so it can be viewed on a map and navigated to using Google Maps, Apple Maps, or similar. You will see this icon next to the address in the Job Editor when it is geocoded.
- non-geocoded - an address without latitude and longitude coordinates; eg., Unit 2 (upstairs) 77 Luxborn Rd, Hataitai, Wellington.
This example shows a job with a geocoded step address saved for both Step 2 - Pick-up, and Step 4 - Deliver. There is no address saved against Step 1 and 3 as a specified location isn’t important for these steps to be completed.
Customize columns to display a step address
There are 7 columns that display in the Jobs List when you first view it. This is the maximum number of columns that can be displayed. You can change the information that displays in any of these columns and remove unwanted columns.
To change a column to display a step address:
- Go to the Jobs tab to display the Jobs List.
- Click to open the screen for customizing the columns in the Jobs List.
- Click the label field for the column you want to customize. This displays a drop down list of the options that can be displayed in the column, including step addresses for the first 5 steps in a job.
- Click to select the step address that you want to display.
In this example, we selected Column 6, the column that displays the template name as the default. We want to display the step address that is saved against Step 2 in the Job Editor in place of the template name. We select this from the list of options.
- Click to select and customize any other columns that you want to change. Then click to save the customized Jobs List format.
In this example, we have also changed Column 7 to show the step address saved against Step 4.
- After closing the customization window the Jobs List displays the customized columns.
Note: If you have previously removed columns from the Jobs List, you can add them again by selecting in the customization window. You can have a maximum of 7 columns in the Jobs list.
You can also revert to the default column settings by clicking .