In this article
Suitable mobile devices
vWork can be used on iOS or Android mobile devices - either phone or tablet.
For both iOS and Android, we recommend the mobile device:
- Is mid to high-end with a SIM card. Stay away from the absolute budget end of any manufacturer's range. If the manufacturer lists it on the front page of their website or positions it as a mid to high-range device, it'll probably be good.
- On a mobile plan that includes data. This will enable your mobile workers to sync their mobile app data with the vWork server and ensure the dispatcher has the most up-to-date job information.
- A recent-generation device (launched less than two years ago), especially if you are working with large job volumes or complex templates with lots of custom fields. Running the vWork mobile app on older devices may result in slower performance.
- Includes GPS and location service capabilities.
- Is from a recognized manufacturer/brand (Android devices).
- Can be upgraded to more recent versions of the iOS and Android operating system as needed for future compatibility. We support recent versions of both iOS and Android mobile operating systems. Please ensure your device uses the iOS or Android operating systems specified in the next sections of this article.
iOS operating system versions
We support all iOS devices running the following versions of iOS until the dates given below.
- Recommended version iOS 16
- 30 June 2023 - vWork support ends for iOS versions 11 to 13
- From 1 July 2023 the minimum vWork-supported iOS version is iOS 14.
- From 1 Mar 2024 the minimum vWork-supported iOS version is iOS 15
We support all Android devices running the following version of Android until the dates given below.
- Recommended version Android 13
- 30 June 2023 - vWork support ends for Android 7 (Nougat) to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- From 1 July 2023 - the minimum vWork-supported Android version is Android 8.1 (Oreo - updated version)
- From 1 Mar 2024 - the minimum vWork-supported version is Android 10.
iOS or Google account
You'll also need an iOS account or Google account to keep the vWork mobile app up-to-date on your chosen device.
Please note: that your Android device must support Google Play Services. If you have multiple Google accounts associated with your Android device, the first one listed will be used to access the Play Store.