In this article
This article explains how to:
Follow these steps to create a new User
|New accounts are created with one worker when you signup. This will be the name, email address, and password you selected during the signup process. This user has Administration permissions.|
To add more users:
- Go Settings>Users>Users to open the User Management page.
- Click Add User to open the User Details page where you will enter the user's details and set their access permissions.
Next, enter the User details and set the user's access permissions.
Access permissions enable access to both the Web app (Webapp Permissions) and the Mobile app (Mobile Permissions). The Webapp Permissions are where you give access permissions to Administrators and Dispatchers. Mobile Permissions are where you enable permissions for users of the Mobile app - normally your workers in the field.
To enter the User's details and permissions:
- Enter the User's details under the Create User Heading.
Do not leave any spaces in the Phone field.
It is a good idea to make a note of the user's password as they will need this to log in to the mobile app if they log out of it at any time.
- Scroll to User Permissions and select the Webapp Permissions and/or Mobile Permissions that apply to the user. You can choose between:
Full - this gives the User full access and edit rights
Read only - this lets the User view this page but not make changes to it
None - the User cannot view or edit this page, or
Check a checkbox to enable the Permission (it will either be fully enabled when checked or fully disabled when empty).
There are a few important things to note when creating or editing workers:
Sending a link to your Mobile Users
To easily set up your mobile workers with the vWork Mobile app you can send them SMS text message links from their User details page. There are two types of SMS messages you can send:
- Download the vWork mobile app:
The worker clicks the link in the SMS message to start the download of the vWork mobile app.
- Automatically log in to the Mobile App:
Once the vWork mobile app is installed on a worker's phone you can send them another SMS message with a link that enables them to automatically log in to the mobile app. You can send this link anytime a mobile user needs help logging into their Mobile app.
To send either SMS link to a mobile worker:
- Go to Settings >Users> User.
- Select the User from the User Management page to open their User Details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Send Login Details to User.
- Click Send now in Step 1 or Step 2.
Note: If the user already has the Mobile App on their phone you need only send them the Step 2 message for them to automatically log in.
*Please note that your mobile user will need to have a valid mobile number that is used exclusively by them.