What you need to know about vWork invoices in Xero
When your invoices are synced across to Xero, there are a few things to be aware of:
- The Invoices will post across as Draft in Xero.
- The invoices won't have a due date set unless you choose the option to add a due date 30 days after the job is completed.
Note: You can do this in Settings>Integrations.
Choose the option: Set all draft invoices due date to 30 days.
- Invoices will post in Xero without tax. Tax is set in Xero.
- Information about the sales division or group that generated the invoice in vWork isn't pulled over into Xero.
- Every job completed in vWork creates one invoice in Xero. Y
- You can consolidate multiple vWork invoices into a single invoice in Xero. We explain how to consolidate invoices in the article How do I consolidate multiple vWork invoices in Xero?
Sample vWork invoice in Xero
Below is a screenshot of a vWork job completed and posted to Xero as an invoice.
Note: The invoice doesn't have a Due Date. You may wish to add this before approving the invoice.