You can easily connect vWork to Xero.
Why should I connect Xero to vWork?
Connecting Xero to vWork will enable you to:
- Easily import your customers from Xero to vWorkApp.
- Record time and materials to be included on invoices.
- Automatically create draft invoices in Xero when a job is completed.
In short, it will take all of the pain out of invoicing your customers!
How do I connect Xero to vWork?
First make sure you have enabled invoicing on your vWorkApp account, if you need help with this, here are all the details on how to set up invoicing.
Connect vWork and Xero
Once Invoicing in vWork is enabled, you need to authorize Xero to communicate with vWorkApp.
- Go to Settings > integrations.
- Cick the button that says Authorize Xero
- You are then asked to log in to Xero and authorize vWorkApp. Enter your Xero login credentials.
- Once you have logged into Xero, select which of your Xero organizations vWork is authorized to use then click Allow access.
- Once Authorisation is complete, you are redirected back to vWork where you select your preferred settings (what currency to use, which account to use, how often vWork should upload invoices to Xero, etc…).
When you have selected your preferred settings click Save changes.
- Congratulations, you have now successfully connected your vWork account to your Xero account.
At this point, all jobs that have invoicing line items when they are completed create a draft invoice in Xero. However, if you want them to reference an existing customer in Xero, you need to import your Xero customer information into vWork. Instructions on how to do this can be found here: How to import customers from Xero to vWork?