If you have a job where you need to record multiple images, but you don't want to add many fields to your job template - you can use this quick work-around to attach a photo collage to your job.
This uses the free Google Photos app.
Download Google Photos
This is needed on the mobile device using the vWork mobile app.
If you don't already have Google Photos's installed on your mobile device you can download it from Google Play or the iOS App Store. (Yes - you can use Google Photos on an iOS device.)
Set up the job template
This is done by the vWork administrator.
Make sure the job template has an Image type custom field. This is added in the job template to the Custom Fields tab.
Note: Changes made to job templates are only applied to new jobs created from the template after it is updated. Jobs created before the change is made won't include the change.
Create a photo collage in Google Photos
This is done on the mobile device that uses the vWork mobile app.
- Use your mobile device's camera to take the job photos (You aren't using vWork for this step).
- Open Google Photos and long-press each photo to select it.
- Tap then tap to select .
- Edit the photos in the collage to your liking then tap Done.
- Tap to select the collage layout you prefer from the options given then tap Save.
Attach the collage to your job
To attach the photo collage to your job:
- Open the job in vWork and go to the Fields screen.
- In the Image field use the attach image option to select the collage and attach it to the field.
💡Tip: Once the image is attached and the job has synced with our server you can delete the collage and photos from your device's storage.