There may be instances when job steps aren't completed in the mobile app at the same time they are completed on the job. Maybe a worker forgot to complete the step until after they had left the worksite, or forgot to start a job when they arrived. Whatever the reason, if you need to accurately keep a record of when job steps were actually completed you can edit the job step completed time in the Job Editor.
This can only be done by a dispatcher or an admin using the website. Workers using our mobile apps do not have this capability.
There are a few requirements that must be met to enable job steps to be edited:
- The user editing the job steps must have the Jobs web app permission set to Full in their User Permissions.
- The job must be completed and no longer be showing on the worker's mobile app.
Note: It can take up to 8 hours for a completed job to clear from the mobile app - although this can be different if you have had your account modified from the default.
How to edit the completed time for a job step
The time that a job step was completed can be edited in the Job Editor for the job.
To edit the time a job step was completed:
- Go to the Jobs tab and click the Job ID of the completed job to open the Job Editor.
- Scroll to the job steps in the section What Steps Must the Worker Complete? To the right of each step is the pencil edit icon . Click this icon to open the step you want to edit.
In this example, we are going to edit the first and second steps to make them earlier. This worker completed all steps after they had performed the actual vehicle service. The duration of the job recorded was much shorter than the actual time taken to complete the job. We are charging for the worker's time so we need to adjust this.
- We click next to step 1 En route to open the date and time picker tool.
- Now we select the time that step 1 actually started. In this example, we select 9:52 am.
- In this example, we also edit the time that step 2, Service vehicle, was completed. We have made this 10:02 am.
Next, we click to save the newly edited job step completion times.
- After the times are changed and saved, the Job Editor records both the time the steps were completed in the mobile app and the edited times.
Note: Steps must be completed in order. Earlier steps must have Completed At times earlier than the steps that follow them; eg., step 1 must be completed before step 2, and step 2 must be completed before step 3.