What are Mobile Reminders?
Mobile Reminders are notifications that pop up in the vWork iOS mobile app to remind you that you need to complete a step on a job. This is useful when it is important to keep the status of a job that you are working on up-to-date. To learn more about Mobile Reminders, please read the article: What are Mobile Reminders?
In this article
This article describes how to activate and use Mobile Reminders from the vWork app on your iOS device. Topics included in this article include:
- How do I turn on Mobile Reminders?
- How do I refresh Mobile Reminders to reactivate them?
- How Mobile Reminders work
- Scheduled reminder
- Arrival reminder
- Departure reminder
- A word about location tracking
You can quickly go to any topic you are interested in by clicking on the link above. You can also easily return to this topic list at any time by clicking this icon:
How do I turn on Mobile Reminders?
Mobile Reminders are managed in the settings menu of the vWork app. They are not active by default and must be turned on in the vWork app settings if you want to use them. You can choose to turn on all, some, or one of the available Mobile Reminders.
To turn reminders on:
- Open vWork on your IOS device.
- Tap at the top of the screen to open the Main Menu.
- Scroll to the Settings heading and tap Settings.
- Scroll to the Notifications heading and tap Reminders.
- Tap each toggle button next to the Mobile Reminders you want to be active. Your vWork Administrator will tell you which Mobile Reminders you should activate. In this example, we have toggled all mobile reminder options to the on position.
- The selected mobile reminders are now active for the vWork app. Tap Settings > Jobs to return to the Jobs List.
How do I refresh Mobile Reminders to reactivate them?
Once a mobile reminder is activated for a specific job it won’t show again. If you need Mobile Reminders to be repeated you can refresh reminders in the vWork app Settings. This will reactivate Mobile Reminders for today’s jobs that aren’t yet completed.
To refresh your Mobile Reminders:
- Go to the vWork app Settings and open Reminders.
- Tap in the red bar at the top of the screen.
How Mobile Reminders work
Mobile Reminders are activated by either time or location information. For a detailed explanation about the rules and parameters used to send a Mobile Reminder please read the article, How Mobile Reminders work: rules and parameters
A word about Location Tracking
When you use the Arriving or Departing Mobile Reminders you need your location settings turned on for the vWork app. Location settings tell the vWork app how close you are to a job. This information is used to trigger the location-based Mobile Reminders.
We recommend that you have Location Tracking set to Always to get the most from the Mobile Reminders feature. The process for turning this on is explained below.
Tip: If you don’t want your location tracked when you have the vWork app open in the background but aren’t on shift, make sure you set your Operating Hours to match your working hours in the Settings. When you set your Location settings to Always we won’t track you when the app is logged out or it is outside the Operating Hours you have saved in the Settings.
Turn on Location tracking for the vWork mobile app
To turn location tracking on your iOS device:
- Tap the iOS Settings icon to open the Settings.
- Scroll down to the app section and tap vWork app to open the IOS setting for vWork.
- Tap Location to access the location tracking options for vWork.
- We recommend you tap Always to make sure vWork Mobile Reminders will work when you are using the vWork mobile app.
- When setting Location to Always, please ensure that your mobile device is plugged into a power source whenever possible throughout the day to ensure your device's battery doesn't get depleted.