Mobile reminders are notifications that pop up in the iOS vWork mobile app to remind you that you need to complete a step in a job. This is useful when it is important to keep the status of a job that you are working on up-to-date.
To learn more about mobile reminders, please read the article: What are mobile reminders?
In this article
This article describes how to activate and use mobile reminders from the vWork app on your iOS device.
Topics in this article include:
- Turn on mobile reminders
- Reactivate mobile reminders
- How mobile reminders work
- A word about location tracking
You can quickly go to any topic you are interested in by clicking on the link above. You can also easily return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Turn on mobile reminders
Mobile reminders are managed in the settings menu of the vWork app. They are not active by default and must be turned on in the vWork app settings if you want to use them. You can choose to turn on all, some, or one of the available mobile reminders.
To turn mobile reminders on:
- Open vWork on your IOS device.
- Tap at the top of the screen to open the main menu.
- Tap Settings to open the Settings screen.
- Scroll to the Notifications heading and tap Reminders.
- Tap each toggle button next to the mobile reminders you want to be active. Your vWork Administrator will tell you which mobile reminders you should activate. In this example, we have toggled all mobile reminder options to the on position.
- The selected mobile reminders are now active for the vWork app. Tap Settings > Jobs to return to the Jobs screen.
Reactivate mobile reminders
Once a mobile reminder is activated and dismissed for a specific job it won’t display again. If you need mobile reminders to be repeated you can refresh them in the iOS vWork app Settings. This will reactivate mobile reminders for today’s jobs that aren’t yet completed.
To refresh your mobile reminders:
- Go to the vWork app Settings and open Reminders.
- Tap in the red bar at the top of the screen.
How mobile reminders work
Mobile reminders are activated by either time or location information. For a detailed explanation of the rules and parameters used to trigger a Mobile Reminder notification on your mobile device, please read the article, How mobile reminders work.
A word about location tracking
When you use the Arrival or Departure mobile reminders you must make sure the location settings are turned on for the vWork app. Location settings tell the vWork app how close you are to a geocoded job step. This information is used to trigger location-based mobile reminders.
We recommend that you have location tracking set to Always to get the most from the mobile reminders feature. The process for turning this on is explained in the article, iOS: vWork mobile app Location Tracking settings.
💡Tip: If you don’t want your location tracked when you are off your shift, make sure you set your Operating Hours to match your working hours in the Settings. When you set your location settings to 'Always' in the iOS device settings we won’t track you when the vWork app is logged out or it is outside the Operating Hours you have saved in the vWork app Settings.
You can learn more about mobile reminders in the following articles:
- What are mobile reminders? explains the types of mobile reminders and what they are used for. This is a good article to read to decide which mobile reminder you should set to achieve the outcome you want.
- How mobile reminders work, explains the rules that trigger each type of mobile reminder. This is a good article to read if you aren't getting mobile reminders when you expect them.
- Android: vWork mobile app - turn on mobile reminders, explains how to turn on mobile reminders for an Android device.