You can pause a job that you have already started when you want to make sure customers are only invoiced for the time that their job is actually being worked on; for example:
- you don't want to charge customers for the time you are on a break
- an unexpected event occurs that requires the job to stop for a period of time while the issue is resolved.
When you pause a job it remains on your job's list. The job record of the time spent on the job stops at the time it is paused and doesn't begin again until the job is unpaused. You can unpause the job and so can your dispatcher.
You can update a paused job's custom fields and invoice information while a job is paused, but you can't complete job steps without automatically unpausing the job.
In this article
This article explains how to pause and unpause jobs in the Android vWork mobile app.
Pause a job
You can pause a job from the job's Details screen. When you pause a job your dispatcher can see it is paused on the Schedule and in the Jobs tab; you can see it as paused in your vWork mobile app.
To pause a job, in the Details screen:
- Tap to open the job management options.
- Tap Pause job from the job management options.
- The job is paused. You can see the 'unpause' option and the time the job was paused in the job title information at the top of the screen.
Unpause a job
You can unpause a job from the Jobs screen and from the job's Details screen.
Unpause from the Jobs screen
To unpause a job from the Jobs screen:
- Scroll to the job and tap UNPAUSE JOB.
Unpause from the Details screen
To unpause a job from the job's Details screen:
- In the job title information tap UNPAUSE JOB.
- To see how to pause and unpause a job in the iOS vWork mobile app, please read the article, iOS: Pause a job in the vWork mobile app
- To see how a dispatcher can pause and unpause a job, please read the article, Pause and unpause a Job in the Schedule.