If a job can't be completed when scheduled it is easy to reschedule the job from within the vWork mobile app. You might want to reschedule a job because, for example, a customer needs to reschedule, a worker is ill, or a tool required to complete a job breaks down. When you reschedule a job you give it a new scheduled start date and time. You can also change the job duration but all other job details remain the same.
In this article
This article explains how to reschedule a job from the Android vWork mobile app.
Click the link above to go to that topic. To return to this topic list click this icon:
Jobs that can be rescheduled from the vWork mobile app
You can reschedule any job on your vWork mobile app Jobs list that hasn't yet been started and has been accepted by you (if 'Accept and Decline jobs' has been enabled by your vWork administrator). You can't reschedule Jobs that you have started (you have completed one or more steps on).
In this example, we can reschedule the job for Duane Pipe; but we can't reschedule the job for Bob Katz because we haven't accepted this job, or for Fish Smith because we have already started this job.
Reschedule a job
Jobs can be rescheduled from the job's Details screen.
To reschedule a job from the Android vWork mobile app:
- In the Jobs screen, tap the job to open the job's Details screen.
- Tap to open the job management options.
- Tap to select Reschedule... from the list of job management options.
- From the pop-up window tap each option to change the date and time.
💡 Tip: After tapping an option you can click the keyboard icon in the bottom left corner of the pop-up window to type your preference instead of using the calendar or clock tools.
- When you have made the changes to the start date, time, and job duration tap Done to confirm your selection and reschedule the job.