Some vWork mobile app users have the ability to reassign jobs to other workers. This is useful if you have a job scheduled to start that you won't be able to get to on time, or if you supervise other workers and need to reassign jobs from your schedule to theirs when you are in the field.
In this article
This article explains how to reassign a job to another vWork mobile app user when that job is currently assigned to you and showing on your jobs list in the Jobs screen.
Jobs that can be reassigned
You can reassign any job that shows on your jobs list in the Jobs screen in the vWork mobile app - except for jobs that you have completed. This includes jobs that have the following statuses:
- Pending - the job is published to your vWork mobile app but you haven't accepted or declined the job yet.
Note: you will only have jobs with a 'Pending' status when the 'Accept and Decline' option is enabled by your vWork Administrator in the vWork account General Settings.
- Assigned - the job is assigned to you but you haven't yet started the job (completed the first step).
- Started - the job is assigned to you and you have completed one or more steps but have not completed the last step for the job.
Reassign a job
Jobs are able to be reassigned from a job's Details screen in the vWork mobile app. When you reassign a job it keeps its scheduled start time and all other details. The only thing that changes is the worker assigned to the job.
To reassign a job, in the Details screen:
- Tap the to open the job management options.
- Tap Reassign... from the job management options.
- From the listed workers, tap to select the worker you want the job reassigned to.
- The job is reassigned. You are returned to the Jobs screen in the vWork mobile app and the job is no longer listed. Your dispatcher will see who the job is reassigned to on the vWork web app.