vWork has several email alerts that can include a link to enable a customer to postpone a job, and request a new preferred start time. This alert link works with the Job Assigned, Job Accepted, and Job Start Reminder alert types.
If you need a hand with Alerts, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get in touch.
In this article
This article explains how to set up both the Job Assigned and Job Start Reminder alert types to send the postponement link to the customer in the email alert.
- How does the customer postponement link work?
- Enable the “Customers Can Postpone Jobs option” in the settings
- Set up an email alert to include a customer postponement link
Click the topic link above to go to the topic you are interested in. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon,
How does the customer postponement link work?
A customer can postpone a job from a Job Assigned, Job Accepted or Job Started type email alert.
When the customer receives the alert it includes a Reschedule Now button.
The customer clicks the button to open a new browser window where they can postpone the job and request a new start time.
Note: If the job is due to start within 30 minutes the customer won’t be able to reschedule and will see a different message in this browser window advising the job is in progress and can’t be postponed.
The dispatcher can see that the job is postponed in the Jobs list and on the Schedule. In the jobs list the job shows the status of Postponed and the new requested start time. There is no worker assigned to the job and the job is removed from the worker’s mobile app.
To reschedule the job the dispatcher assigns a worker. They can change the start time if the customer’s requested start time isn’t suitable.
Enable the “Customers Can Postpone Jobs option” in the settings
Before you can set up the email alerts to include a postponement link you must enable the “Customers can Postpone Jobs” option in the Settings. You must have Admin privileges to change this setting.
To enable this setting:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Scroll to the Customers Can Postpone Jobs heading and click the checkbox next to Enabled? to add a checkmark and enable the setting.
Set up an email alert to include a customer postponement link
You can include a customer postponement link with a Job Assigned, Job Accepted, or Job Started type email alert.
🔔Important: When planning the alert, remember that the alert must be sent to the customer more than 30 minutes before the job is scheduled to start. We don’t allow jobs to be postponed within 30 minutes of the job start time. You shouldn’t include this link with the Job Start Reminder Alert if you plan for this alert to be sent 30 minutes or less before the start of the job.
To set up an email alert with the customer postponement link:
- Go to Alerts > Setup and set up the alert. Name the alert, set up the alert filters, and select the Job Assigned, Job Accepted, or Job Start Reminder alert type. When you select either of these alert types a new heading, “Customer Confirmation”, displays immediately beneath the alert type options.
- Click the checkbox next to “Include a link in the alert email allowing customers to re-schedule the job”, and add a checkmark to include the link in the alert. When you enable this option the email option “Send to Customer’s Site Contact” in the “Who should we notify by email?” section, is automatically selected.
- Make any other changes to the email alert message and then click Create to save the alert.