You can easily connect vWork to Xero.
Why should I connect Xero to vWork?
Connecting Xero to vWork will enable you to:
- Easily import your customers from Xero to into vWork.
- Record time and materials to include on invoices from jobs in vWork.
- Automatically create draft invoices in Xero when a job is completed in vWork.
In short, it will take all of the pain out of invoicing your customers!
How do I connect Xero to vWork?
First, make sure you have enabled invoicing on your vWork account in the Finance settings. If you need help with this, here are all the details for how to set up invoicing.
Connect vWork and Xero
Once Invoicing in vWork is enabled, you need to authorize Xero to communicate with vWork.
- Go to Settings > integrations.
- Click the button that says Authorize Xero
- You are asked to log in to Xero and authorize vWorkApp. Enter your Xero login credentials.
- Once you have logged into Xero, select which of your Xero organizations vWork is authorized to use then click Allow access.
- Once Authorization is complete, you are redirected back to vWork to the Jobs tab.
Go to Settings > Integrations and select your preferred settings (what currency to use, which account to use, how often vWork should upload invoices to Xero, etc…).
When you have selected your preferred settings click Save changes.
- Congratulations, you have now successfully connected your vWork account to your Xero account.
At this point, all jobs that have invoicing line items when they are completed create a draft invoice in Xero. However, if you want them to reference an existing customer in Xero, you need to import your Xero customer information into vWork. Instructions on how to do this can be found here: How to import customers from Xero to vWork?