You can run reports to show the job invoices that have or haven’t had the Approve Invoice checkbox completed in the job editor. You can do this using the Job Status filters Approved and Unapproved when you run any of the following reports:
- Audit Report
- CSV Export
- Custom Report
- Job Status
- Job Status (v2)
- Job Invoices
In this article
This article explains how to filter reports to show completed jobs with invoices that are or aren’t approved. Topics in this article include:
- Filter a report to show jobs where invoices are approved, unapproved, or both
- View the Invoice approval status in a report
- Related topics
Select a topic from the topic list to go directly to it. You can return to this topic list by clicking this icon:
Filter a report to show jobs where invoices are approved, unapproved, or both
You can filter some reports by invoice approval status.
Note: You can only report on the invoice approval status using the Approved and Unapproved Job Status filter for jobs with a Completed status.
To create a report that shows the invoice approved status of Completed jobs:
- Go to Reports > Run Now.
- Select your preferred Report Type.
- Select the filters that you want to use for the report:
- in the Templates filter, click to add checkmarks to filter by all job templates or specific job templates. The default is all templates.
- In the Customers filter, click to select All Customers or search for and filter by selected customers. The default is All Customers.
- In the Workers filter, click to filter by all mobile workers, specific workers, or no workers.
- In the Groups filter, click to filter by all groups, specific groups, or no groups. The default is All Groups.
- In the Job Status filter add a checkmark to either Approved, Unapproved, or both invoice job statuses. You may need to scroll to see the approved and unapproved checkboxes - these are listed at the bottom of the Job Status options.
In this example, we have selected Approved to only show jobs with approved invoices for the selected time and date range.
Note: When you select both options together the generated report gives the same outcome that you get when you select the Completed job status.
- Select the Date/Time Range filter. vWork records when an invoice is approved and who approves it. Jobs with approved invoices fall in the date range the invoice is approved instead of the date the job was completed at.
- Finally, click to create the report.
View the Invoice approval status in a report
When the report is generated you can see the invoice approval status in the job information. This provides the time of the approval and the name of the person who approved it.
Here are examples of what an Approved invoice looks like for:
- a job in an Audit Report…
- …and the Jobs Status (v2) report…
- … and a Job Invoice report.
- Learn how to approve an invoice in the article, Approve an invoice in vWork.
- You can view the invoice approval status for a job in the Jobs tab. The article, Configure the Jobs tab to show the invoice approved status, explains more about this.
- You can also notify stakeholders when an invoice is approved by sending them an alert or in-app notification. You can read more about this in the articles, What can trigger an Alert?- see the Job Progress alert triggers, and How to set up an Alert.