You can change what you see for the job labels on the Schedule, Map, and mobile app to suit your needs. This is customizable for each template and allows you to use different labels for different types of jobs. You can also have different labels shown in the web app for the dispatcher to those shown in the mobile app for your mobile workers.
How do I customize the Job Labels?
To customize the job labels for a specific job:
- Go to Settings >Templates and either create a new template or edit an existing job template.
The article, How do I create a Job Template?, provides more information on how to do this.
- In the Job Information tab, scroll to the bottom of the template editor to Job Labels where you can customize the labels. Select the labels you want to display from the Field drop-down lists.
Note: The Field drop-down lists correspond to the fields in your job template. If you want to add custom fields to the job labels see the topic below, Update job labels to include a custom field in the job labels.
The top layer is where you select the job labels that show in the schedule and map for the dispatcher. The bottom layer is where you select job labels that show on the mobile app for your mobile workers.
As you change your Job labels on the left, they update on the live preview on the right.
- Make sure you save the template when you are done.
Update job labels to include a custom field in the job labels
When you want to include a custom field in the job labels it is a two-step process.
- First, add the custom field and save the template. This will add the custom field to the Field options available for you to select from the drop-down lists.
- Next, add the custom field to the Job Labels and save the template again.